Sunday, June 21, 2015

SEASIDE ORPHANAGE
Gualala, California

NEWEST ARRIVALS

adopted
ELIJAH
Meet Elijah. I had named him this, from the name Elsie, even before I knew he could pray. Not many babies come to us who are able to fold their hands in prayer. This makes Elijah a very special baby. He is smaller, only 19 inches long and weighs just two pounds, as if he has already been fasting. I love him, not only because he is religious, but because he also has a gentle smile. He knows what love is and is willing and able to give it to others even though he is a very serious lad. Those bright blue eyes see into everyone's heart and he instantly knows what is needed in their lives.

~*~
adopted
LILY
Lily is with us and not with us. She really wants to live alone with some one who loves her. All the commotion of the many children here at the orphanage bewilder her. She tries to smile but her lips will tremble. She is another of the fashion conscious girls if she gets her way. She loves the ruffles on her sleeper and would love to go shopping with you. She promises to be quiet but I suspect that when she sees girly sleepers she will wiggle and beg to try them on. She wears NB (newborn) size sleepers and is 20 inches long and weighs exactly 3 pounds. She watches her weight and knows how to say no to chocolate.  

~*~
adopted
SWEETIE
Sweetie is sweetness herself. She knows where we keep the chocolate and will point it out to anyone who will join her in some - even between meals. She really wanted sleepers with candy on them but I could only find these. When I asked her why she chose bears, she answered, "They love honey - look at Winnie-the-Pooh." "But," I said, "these are polar bears. I think they find dolphins to be sweet." She just kept smiling in silence and turned her back on the toy pile. These sleepers are especially soft and cuddly as she is. When I was dressing her she suddenly laid her head on my shoulder and said, "I don't want to leave here." I was very touched. I know she will bring this much love and sweetness to the right person.
~*~
adopted
ALEX
ALSO KNOWN AS
POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN
Alex needs a Mom who has raised boys and knows how to cope with them at any age. Alex has a strong will that covers a gentle and loving heart. He had a fit when I had no sailboats to pose with him (because of the sailboats on his sleepers), but he kinda accepted having a colorful blanket instead. You should see the pile of toys he threw on the floor before he settled down with this. He is 22 inches long so he tends to lord it over the smaller kids and me. He knows he is as bright as a new penny and wants the world to know it. Do you know the kind of woman who loves and can handle such child? He needs the discipline and the love. Even more the love.

~*~

Contact Jane if you want to meet any of these delights in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment